Elder Abuse and Neglect
When a loved one enters a nursing home, that person and the person’s family rightly expect compassionate and comprehensive care. Unfortunately, thousands of nursing home residents a year are the victims of physical and emotional abuse and neglect at the hands of the very nursing homes that are supposed to be caring for them.
Nursing home abuse and neglect victims and their families can fight back. They can sue the nursing homes for violating federal and state laws meant to protect nursing home residents.
At Bellin & Associates, we fight for the rights of nursing home residents and hold nursing homes accountable for their abuses and failures to provide proper care.
Please contact us or call us at (914) 358-5345 for a consultation.
Common Signs that Your Loved One has Been the Victim of Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect
- Your loved one has bed sores
- Your loved one has unexplained broken bones, dislocations or sprains
- Your loved one has bruising, scars or welts on the body
- Your loved one is dehydrated
- Your loved one has an unusual loss of weight due to malnutrition
- Your loved one has reduced or loss of mobility
- Your loved one has dirty clothes, soiled bed linens, or is in the presence of bugs
- Your loved one has failed to receive needed medication
- Your loved one is dirty
- Your loved one becomes agitated, anxious or fearful.
- Your loved one becomes isolated or withdrawn and is no longer interested in favorite activities.